Thursday, October 2, 2014

October is here! I have been enjoying the cooler temperatures and the fall colors all around! I am so happy to be alive and healthy. My two amazing children are so good to me and we are enjoying the new school year in our new home.

October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I have walked 60 miles, raised thousands of dollars for research, volunteered my time and now I have the world’s best friend battling it.  I am broken hearted that she is 1400+ miles away fighting a battle that I can’t beat for her.  I have reached out to a few close friends about my feelings of helplessness and wanting to do something more.  I have been praying for God to give me the sign to do something...what do I do? How do I do it?

Earlier this week, I received an email from a client.  She had this to say about her photographic experience with me:

"You really have a way of capturing moments. I love looking through your photos because when I think about how moments with my family feel, they are beautiful...but then when I take pictures I often just cannot seem to capture things the ways I remember them. I think that is your gift...you capture moments the way they feel to the people in them...that is why we all cry when we see them!


And so, I have a gift...and I want to share it...with everyone, everyday.  How that translates into Breast Cancer Awareness month is up to you and who you share this post with.  If I can capture moments the way people feel in them...I want to capture moments of life with the people we love that are living with, surviving from or battling with cancer.

My still very best friend in the
whole world. 
I kept asking friends and praying for God to give me the words to ask for your trust, for your faces and families and your stories to share.  All I have are these:

I want you to exist in photos with the people you love.  I want you and your families to show us the way to live with or survive the battle.  We can beat this.  We can exist in photographs.  We can capture moments and remember how we felt and we can look back and be thankful that we showed everyone what being brave in the face of cancer is all about.

If you or someone you know is battling cancer, please ask them to contact me for a complimentary individual or family session. I will come to you and spend time with you and your family, creating memories and moments to last a lifetime in images that you and I will cherish forever.  


We do it for you girls!!! Our babies Feb 2014.