Thursday, May 15, 2014

I have to remind myself everyday that my relationship with God is what is most important to focus on...then everything else shall and will fall into place the way it is intended.  Do you know how difficult that is for me? I struggle with it, I fail at it and I pray again to have a fresh start. I was reading the other day about how some people view Christians in challenging times....and wonder if we will fall from our trust in God, that our faith just isn't strong enough.  I agree that holding on to my faith and trusting in Him in times of adversity are what everyone needs to see in order to know that God is real. That He lives in us and walks with us all the time.  Good or bad.

For the past few days I have been reading more about forgiveness than ever before, it pops up EVERYWHERE.  My priest had given me a book about a year or so ago...forgiveness is the hardest thing to give for almost everyone.  Then this morning I read: "God’s great deliverance is like the rope that must be grabbed hold of with both hands in order to be pulled up and pulled out of that place you are in, and set in His perfect will for your life. "

I love the visual that provides...I can literally see the black hole, the well behind me as I reach up with both hands for the rope...being lifted into the light.  That's a good place to be. 

I am working towards that, I am working towards not walking around with a knot in my stomach all the time from the worry that sometimes envelopes me and makes me feel like I am drowning. Uhhhh, feels so good to let it go.  I write these epic long emails and you don't  receive replies and sometimes that makes me wonder...about too many things that I shouldn't wonder about or worry about or otherwise...this morning's devotional also said to release anyone from any debt or any expectation that you have...and I have to in order to be able to grab the rope with both hands.

~peace~